Harm reduction team
The Harm Reduction Team includes:
- community education for adults and/or youth on HIV/HCV/STBBIs, sexual health, street drugs, gender and sexual diversity, and harm reduction practices,
- our Take-Home-Naloxone program which includes our naloxone nurse educator and naloxone street outreach educator,
- our Healthcare Navigator for those experiencing barriers and/or challenges within the healthcare system,
- LGBTQ2S+ youth mentorship through our youth educator, including a weekly drop-in and one-on-one supports for youth and families,
- our Women’s Health Outreach (WHO) Program for women experiencing homelessness/poverty or who use substances and are experiencing pregnancy, or for whom pregnancy is a risk
- an Indigenous Opioid Response Coordinator, addressing the opioid crisis by addressing the unique needs of Indigenous peoples from an holistic, community centered, harm reduction approach.